At JoyTech, all of our growing activities take place on our two wholly-owned and operated farms, leaving nothing to outsourcing and ensuring the utmost in traceability, quality assurance and food safety). All of our produce is cultivated from non-genetically modified seeds and grown under the strictest food safety procedures. JoyTech controls all stages of production from seeding, plant development and harvesting through sorting, packing, storage and transport.
JoyTech is a qualified and certified grower, dedicated to delivering fresh-to-fork, safe-to-eat herbs that strictly comply with international food-safety standards. The responsible and dedicated individuals leading our intensive efforts on this front have completed certification courses given by international training organizations, enabling them to oversee JoyTech’s compliance with the following standards:
- Global G.A.P. (Good Agricultural Practices)–This voluntary standard is a benchmark for hygiene and product traceability, reassuring consumers that the farm-grown produce on their plates originates from reliable growers.
- BRC Global Food Safety–Developed by the British Retail Consortium (BRC), the Global Standard for Food Safety was created to establish a standard for due diligence and supplier approval, with an emphasis on packing house facilities and procedural safety standards. JoyTech invests considerable thought and resources in setting up advanced facilities and developing food safety procedural methodologies for our staff.
- HACCP Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points – JoyTech’s field workers and packing teams are trained to employ HACCP principles – a USFDA-devised food safety management system that offers guidelines for the analysis and control of biological, chemical, and physical hazards in handling food from fresh produce production, procurement and handling, to manufacturing, distribution and consumption of the finished product.
- LEAF Marque–LEAF Marque is food label consumers and the food industry trust. Developed by LEAF, it is based on environmentally responsible IFM principles, which support us in producing good food, with care and to high environmental standards. JoyTech invests considerable resources in setting up environmental friendly production sites with minimal impact on mother nature.
- TESCO NURTURE–TESCO NURTURE is a standard required of producers supplying Tesco with fresh fruit, vegetable and salad products. It makes sure that best agricultural practices are applied in the production of the produce. In complying with Nurture Standard we demonstrating that our produce is grown and handled in a manner which meets regulatory requirements, protects the environment and is safe plus meeting the high expectation of Tesco customers.
- Field to Fork (F2F)–Field to Fork is is a standard required of producers supplying Marks & Spencer (M&S) with fresh fruit, vegetable and salad products. It makes sure good agricultural practices are applied in the production and packaging of fruit and vegetables, and herbs prepared by Joytech Marks & Spencer's clients in the UK.
- GRASP–GRASP stands for GLOBALG.A.P. Risk Assessment on Social Practice, and is developed to assess social practices in the farm, addressing specific aspects of workers’ health, safety and welfare. GRASP assures we establish a good social management system in our farms. It offers our clients added assurance and it helps protect one of the farm’s most important resources: our people.